So I'm listening to the guy in a wet suite with a giant yellow backpack. It's a half an hour drive to the canyon with a dirt road and pot holes. When we finally get there it is a short bushwalk to the spot. When we get there we put on our wetsuites and the guy goes over safety instructions. When we finally go into the water I am shocked by the cold. As we trudge threw the river we get to our first exciting part- a slide. By that point I'm freezing my butt off.
When we finally get to the resting spot I'm so cold that I feel like I have hypothermia. But we have to go on. When we get to the endpoint you have the choice to jump a big, yet fun, ledge. I did not do it. Then he said it was time to go back. I thought he meant a trail but he meant going back through the cold water, the way we came! We gone down some pretty steep mini cliffs, so I thought "how are we going to go back the way we came?" When we got back to the spot we had used for a resting spot, he said we can start taking off our wetsuites and have lunch. We each had three rolls; coffee, tea, or soup; and various gummy items. When we were finished with our lunch and had taken off our wetsuits and packed every thing up, we started to walk the hike back to the car. I was exhausted when we all plopped into the car so I fell asleep for the drive back. I had a fun, but cold time and it was a amazing experience. But I learned a lesson-never go canyoning in Blue Mountains, Australia!
After we get back from the canyoning, we grabbed our stuff, changed into dry clothes, and headed out. We drove to Sydeny, we went to our hotel and crashed. I was exhausted, so I fell asleep instantly.
Ready to go canyoning!
Canyoning is where you tread through freezing cold rivers, jump off ledges, and slide down rock slides (that are smooth).
Dear Mia,
ReplyDeleteWow! I love your canyoning outfits! Maybe you could wear that to school someday:-) Sounds cold but fun! Did you go into any caves?
Drat! so your never going canyoneering in Australia?! Sounds amazing - what if you found some lost treasure or an amazing cave?...
ReplyDeleteHi Mia,
ReplyDeleteCanyoning sounds fun, but cold! I went once in Switzerland and we had to wear wet suits too because it was really cold. It sounds like you are going on lots of adventures! I wish I could be there too!
Hope you are having a great time! Tell Kai I said hello!
Mrs. Dennis
It was fun, but freezing! The reason that I was colder than Kai was that I did not have my thermal on.
DeleteP.S. My mom made it so anyone can comment on my blog, but I am not sure about Kai's blog.
Hi Mia,
ReplyDeleteCanyoning sounds fun I bet it was freezing!
Rachel!
It was really cold.
DeleteMia,
ReplyDeleteThat looks really fun canyoning in death waters! Why are you caryring a yellow back pack?
- Kaia
I am loving (finally) looking at your blogs from Australia so far and hope you're having so much fun, Mia!
ReplyDelete-"Auntie" Jojo