Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Aboriginal Walkabout

Day Four-A Aboriginal Walkabout

Dear class,

Sorry, I could not bring Swampy on this adventure or the next. He would get wet and dirty!

So, we wake up to our host making a delicious breakfast of porridge and toast. We get dressed and headed out. We stop at the train station where we were suppose to meet our guide-Evan, a descendent of the Aboriginals. There was 6 other people in our group also waiting for the guide when he finally arrived he was 30 minutes late, and I thought we were slow-pokes! So on the start of the walk he tells ud to sit inthis dirt cave. He gives us each a eucalyptus leave and tells us to break it in half, roll up each piece and stick it in our nose. So while he is talking, we all have eucalyptus leaves stuffed up our nose. It was awkward.

We walked through the foresty jungle. Evan taught us about how aboriginals collected food, their medicenes, and their way of life. When we finally stop for lunch I was starving! We finished the walkabout I was exhausted! We walked back to the car and drove back to the house. we had a short relaxation time than we went to a pub. me and Kai fell asleep in the middle of dinner, but our parents still made us walk home. We immediately went to bed and slept like a rock. I had a great time that day and got to learn a different cuture.

 
My leave I painted
A local lobster

Me and our guide, Evan.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Mia! Your walkabout looks like fun! Like the leaf and mmmm did you eat that lobster? soooo when we see you next will we have to sit in your yard with grass in our noses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! We were not allowed to take home the lobster, but i would have enjoyed it if I could. And I'm so not sticking grass up my nose. ps. check out my mom's blog.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mia,
    Why did the guide, Evan, have you put leaves in your nose? That's funny! Did he tell you why he was late? Are you always late and that's why you called yourselves slow pokes? It sounds like you had a great day and learned a lot about their culture.
    Room B2

    ReplyDelete
  3. He said that that eucalyptus leaves clears your nose. But he did not tell us why he was late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mia,
    That's funny that you had to put leaves up your nose!
    Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really funny looking around at everybody with leaves sticking out of their noses!

      Delete
  5. Hi Mia I hope you don't come to school with a whole bunch of leaves in your nose asking use to do the same because I wont do it. Plus it sounds cool learning about the Indians that lived there except for the sticking a eucalyptus leaf in to your nostrils or your nose. Now I just heard Henry saying,"I'm going to stick a eucalyptus leaf in his nose."
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mia,
    Did the lobster pinch you? That looks really fun! What did the leaf smell like?
    - Kaia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lobster did not pinch anyone or me but the leaches really liked one guy in our group. Three leaches bit him. The leaves did not smell like any thing though.

      Delete